Monday, October 22, 2007

REALITY CHECK



Had a lesson tonight and it went well, made some money and learned a lot. One hand that I would have lost otherwise actually paid for the lesson.

I got to thinking the other day that a HU lesson would be really cool and would be a great opportunity to learn in some marginal situations. I brought it up with Nute and he said it would be fine.

We also talked about the amount of money I need to pull out of my BR each month, the amount I can expect to make at 1/2, and what I need to move up to 2/4 safely. At the rate I am currently going it will take almost a year to build enough to move up. I could of course, take shots earlier, but with poker as my only income and the seriousness of my financial obligations I don't think that would be wise. If it did not go well it could take a lot out of me emotionally and could cost me more than just the loss of a session. I remember talking to cntgetmedown about his BR requirements a few months or so ago and thinking what a BR nit he was. My bad.

I AIMed The Girl after Nute and I talked about this stuff and explained the situation I was in to her. She agreed to help me reach my goal by helping me cut my food costs and understanding that I will have to play poker quite a bit. She really is great.

3 comments:

cntgetmedown said...

Br nit, wtf :P. I used to have really aggro br management (15 bi shots at higher limits) till it got too frustrating after running into a series of high variance sesssions.
Then I switched to 25 bis to move up and now I am at 45, which I think is fine, but not nitty for a pro-player.
I think I talked to fruity once and he said he was at something like 100 BIs to move up, which I figure is a bit too tight for somebody playing 1/2 (does he play 2/4?).
I also talked to tufat (who also plays pro) about this matter and he said he is at somewhere between 50-100 to play a limit.

Anonymous said...

you are great

m3taphysic said...

How much is your coaching>?