Saturday, October 6, 2007

GAME IS IMPROVING, BUT STILL NEEDS WORK



Two pics tonight one is for the month and one is just the 5th.

I am running very well still, and playing better than I ever have. I am running at 19/15 which is not where I want to be. I am trying to open up to around 20/17 but it is not happening. I am very happy with my coach and what I have learned so far and am looking forward to the next lesson. I think he will be happy with the direction my game is headed and I should be able to open up more with him watching.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it in my last post but I have been reviewing my sessions in PT and it is helping a ton. I also take notes on hands that I have questions on during my session so that I don't have to search through to find a small obscure pot I played.

I am still really nervous about poker as a job. I feel that with hard work, dedication, and the support of my friends, girl, and family, I can make this work. It is nice not to have to be fake anymore either. Pretending I'm happy to see people that I could care less about gets old after ten years. Now everyone that I come into contact with I like and am happy to see, there is no more faking it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who is your coach? I have tried a few but didn't feel like I was moving forward.

Anonymous said...

Your posts on CR are generating some great discussion.

Matt said...

I am not sure my coach wants me to reveal who he is. I will ask and make sure its OK, and let you know in a future post.