Tuesday, October 16, 2007

HAD THE LESSON


Lesson was great and I have something to work on for the next week. I need to play the player and not my cards. This will include floating and bluff raising while making sure I am telling a story that is believable and understood by the villain. When I realized that this is what I had to do my gut reaction was "fuck me" and at the same time "I thought I was doing this". I realize now that I play my cards much more than I thought and it will be very hard to get to this next level. I have to identify the type of player that I am playing against, more so than "he's a fish" or "aggro". Then I need to come up with plans to exploit there weaknesses in reoccurring situations. I did have a VPIP breakthrough though and am able to play a looser style. The style does not have certain hands that I open from here or there but instead is what the table will tolerate.

Well the play overall today as very good and would have been the first day in the green for 3 days but I lost a $660 pot as a 70% favorite for the last hand of the night. I am still up 2K since turning pro and have a winrate of 3PTBB now. On DODGYKEN'S advice I will be going through PT and trying to put villains on hands to improve my skills. I also have like 13 hands to post, so lots to do.

Though this whole thing my girl has been more supportive than I ever thought possible. I tell other people and they go "Oh, thats great." then like two sentences later they say "So you going to try to get a job here?" etcetera, etcetera. It is very nice to have someone that believes wholeheartedly in me and what I am trying to do. She is very constant with it too, she does not waiver. So thank you Jordan it means allot.

1 comment:

cntgetmedown said...

Hey, that's great Matt. It's tough to find someone that supports you when you have a plan that is "non-conventional".

cntgetmedown