Thursday, October 4, 2007

I AM A PRO POKER PLAYER NOW...


I got fired today.

I am going to try and play poker for a living. This will involve allot more commitment than I have previously given to poker. I will need to be a winner at 2/4 to make enough money. I do have a good amount of savings to get me to that point.

I need to earn 6K a month to break even on all my expenses and not starve to death. I think I will be getting unemployment and that will come to about 2K, so I need 4K from poker.

I would like anyone who reads this and has ever seen me play to provide an opinion on the state of my game. Honesty is paramount. I would also like any general opinions on the quality of my posts on CR, and thoughts on if I exhibit enough intelligence to beat 2/4 for a decent rate given time and dedication.

Also, I will be having more time to sweat and be sweated and would happy to discuss hands on AIM and so on. Please contact me if you have interest in anything like this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shit, that sucks. What happened. This is weird cause almost everyone I used to work with at my last job has been fired in the past few months. What's with the world.

6k is quite a bit. You're gonna have to grind grind grind. You should aim for at least 35k+ hands a month of your best poker. Be sure to avoid tilt.

Otherwise your game is good enough to be a solid winning player and that's all you need. You have a tendency to make some bad bluffs (that hand you posted last week for example) but that's no big problem.

Focus on having a solid bankroll now. I know you've cut it short before but you really can't afford it. You'll be fine.