Tuesday, September 11, 2007

UP AND DOWN TO END EVEN. AGAIN.


Exchanged a few PMs with my future coach today and I am excited about starting my lessons. I feel that he will be a good teacher, seeing as how he used to be a teacher. He asked what I felt like paying and I suggested $75 an hour. I am not sure how this comes across to someone that is a successful 5/10 player and only hope that I did not insult him. I asked how he felt about it and he said he would ask around and see what was average in this type of situation. I am slightly worried that he will come back with a high figure like $200 or something. It will really put me to a tough decision. I mean, how much can 1 hour of coaching improve my play? How bout 2? And 10? I would like to get 10hrs or so. I shutter to think how many hours I will have play to make up 2K at 1/2. On the other hand, poker is allot more fun win you beat the hell out of everyone. I would get more hands in if this were the case, and I would be happier on a day to day basis. I think I would be most happy if he came back with an hourly rate that included him getting a % of my winnings over X hands (I did suggest this) I would feel good that I had the confidence of a good player and would be less prone to tilt. I think I will also broach the topic of a bonus once some trust is established. I would like to be able to beat 3/6 for a decent rate and think I will offer 10K to him if he can get me there. It would be only one month of 3/6 earnings at 3.5BB/100. At that point, when the lessons are an obvious success, I would not hesitate to dish out serious coin. As you can see from the length of this, and the late hour of it's entry, I am excited about this.

No comments: