Monday, September 24, 2007

FIRST LESSON TONIGHT


Had a good first lesson although not to many interesting spots came up. I learned how to take advantage of poker stove better, learned about meta game a little, feel better about hand ranges, and my opening and calling ranges. I am looking forward to the next lesson and am very happy with my coach.

One interesting spot that came up was in a 3 bet pot on a flop that I checked through, and then double barreled the turn and river. Given the way he played his hand it did not seem he would have a big enough hand to call a river bet. At the same time we could have a T from the way the hand played out. If anyone would care to comment on this hand please feel free.
wmmcl: $203.00
Hero: $261.10
NigelWinters: $289.50
john0014: $201.00

[b]Preflop:[/b] Hero is dealt A:diamond: 8:diamond: (4 Players)
[i]2 folds[/i], wmmcl raises to $6.00, Hero raises to $22.60, wmmcl calls $16.60

[b]Flop:[/b] ($45.20) J:heart: T:club: Q:club: (2 Players)
wmmcl checks, Hero checks

[b]Turn:[/b] ($45.20) J:heart: T:club: Q:club: 3:heart: (2 Players)
wmmcl checks, Hero bets $33.90, wmmcl calls $33.90

[b]River:[/b] ($113) J:heart: T:club: Q:club: 3:heart: T:diamond: (2 Players)
wmmcl checks, Hero bets $79.10, wmmcl???

Pot Size: $271.20 ($2 Rake)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did he fold? If he did he prolly had something like KJ or KQ for pair+draw.

I don't think I like the line. The problem is with AJ+, TT+ I'm always betting the flop. There's simply too many cards that can kill your hand/action. Once you check behind your basically saying you didn't like that flop, but if you didn't like the flop it's hard to believe you suddenly like you hand after turn+river.

Like always it depends on your read+image but I'm not sure your story is very convincing.

Neb said...

I think it's okay against a solid player. I wouldn't do this against a fish. It's believable that you could easily represent AK here.